Plan Ushaw Moor St. Lukes Church


Mr.Hodgson-Fowler the Durham architect, was commissioned to draw the plans for a new church which was originally designed to accommodate 302 worshippers but later altered to seat 256. St. Luke's opened in May 1918 under the new vicar the Rev. W. Brown who was succeeded in 1923 by the Rev. J.H.P.Welby,M.A.




.
Check out the MEMORIES BLOG for a look back at the History of Ushaw Moor and the Deerness Valley.  Also find out  more about Ushaw Moor on the FACEBOOK Fan Page.

Ushaw Moor Memories BLOG   |    Facebook Fan Page Ushaw Moor Memories